What is Public Cloud?
The Public cloud is a standard model of cloud computing in which the provider of services provides the cloud services in virtualized environment, the provider shares the physical resources like applications and storage which is only available over the internet. Relatively the public cloud uses the same infrastructure which is being used by private cloud ( ring-fence; a pool of computing resource) a specified platform of cloud. The private cloud is accessible only by a single organization where as public cloud is concerned it provides the services to multiple organizations or clients by using the same infrastructure which is being shared by private cloud.
The most popular examples of public clouds are SaaS (Software as a service) includes the cloud storage and applications, IaaS (Infrastructure as a service) and the PaaS (Platform as a service) involving the web hosting based on cloud and the environments development. The private cloud also has the same software, infrastructures and platform as a service. Public cloud offers the services which are may be free or being paid on as per usage. The public clouds are being offered to those private individuals which need less security level or infrastructure as compared to private cloud. Even so the organizations also uses public cloud for web mailing, collaboration of online documents or the storage of non-sensitive content just to make more efficient or productive the operations of the organizations.
Features and benefits of public model are:
– The greater level of resources is being brought together in public clouds. The providers offer the cloud services free or being paid on as per usage in this sense the public cloud is cost effective. They usually ignores the market segment differences and appeal the whole market or their clients with one offer depending on advertisement for generating their revenue. It is done just because of centralized management and operations of the resources shared across all the consecutive components like less indicated configurations and servers etc.
– It avoids the wasted capacity by providing the services to the clients when they need it. Whenever the client needs the services of public cloud they will access it and will pay for only that service which they have used. Public cloud services provider follow the pay as per usage model which can be termed as useful style of costing.
– When the general public demands the services the public clouds provides the pool of computing resources so then the general public can avail the facilities and resources and runs the applications on them by which they can respond ceaselessly to all the fluctuations occurs in operations of an organization. It is being regarded as eventual scalability.
– A public cloud services are reliable in nature because multiple users use it if a single physical component fails the cloud services will still run without any affection on other components. The excessive configurations cannot affect the working of public cloud. Whether the entire or individual data centers go offline it will not have any effect on the services. In short any failure will not make public cloud services assailable or vulnerable.
– The services of public cloud model like IaaS, PaaS and SaaS are easily accessible through internet enable devices. All the requirements of the clients can be fulfilled through these services. The organization can easily integrate the services provided by public cloud with private cloud or can form hybrid cloud too. The public cloud services are flexible that it can be accessed at any time through internet.
– The services of public cloud are available at any place wherever the client needs it to use. It doesn’t depend on location. It provides the remote access to clients whenever they need it and also online document collaboration from multiple location. In short, public cloud is independent on location.